Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: April 6, 2009

Deli sandwiches.

We accidentally, in a moment of terrible weakness, signed the boys up for spring sports. Why did we do such a thing? Starting now, on Mondays I am somehow supposed to get Alex to baseball practice at 5:30 and Josh to football practice at 6:30. At least Cub Scout meetings have moved to Tuesdays.

Anyway, my solution to dinner on these nutso Mondays is going to be sandwiches, I think. In addition to the usual cold cuts, today I got a rotisserie chicken at the market and stripped it down for parts. It made some excellent sandwiches on baguette with lettuce and marinated sun-dried tomatoes. Then I boiled the carcass and made stock for matzo ball soup later this week.

As it turned out, today the weather was so crappy both coaches canceled the respective practices. (The same thing happened to last Thursday's football practice.) And next week, Alex's coach will be out of town. So all I really need is like three or four more rainy or ridiculously cold Mondays, and I'm home free.

No comments:

Post a Comment