Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: February 19, 2009

Cornmeal-crusted chicken breasts, whole-wheat farfalle with white wine and lemon sauce, sauteed spinach.

Not my best work. The sauce, made in the pan with the chicken drippings, turned out unfortunately brown and muddy. I rushed the spinach on high heat and it wilted before it absorbed the flavor of the garlic and olive oil. The pasta got overcooked. The chicken was pretty good, but not quite the golden color I hoped for. All in all? This meal tasted okay, but it was kind of an overall disappointment.

I am already thinking ahead to Shabbat dinner tomorrow night, when we're planning to join Amy and her family. I wonder what to bring? I need some inspiration.

Josh read this note over my shoulder just now. His reaction: "But where's the funny stuff?" I got nothin', babe. Better luck over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment