Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: February 22, 2009

Sliders and oven fries, served with pickles, tomatoes, onions, and Caesar salad.

Sliders are my hamburger go-to in wintertime because they take three minutes to cook on the stovetop griddle. I based my recipe on Alton Brown's Mini Man Burgers. He featured them a few years ago on a Food Network special, back before Food Network was lame as all hell.

Honestly, does anyone really care how they make candy hearts or whatever? And why does Guy Fieri have a career on TV? But I digress.

I have been feeling a little uninspired when it comes to cooking for the past couple of weeks. I think it's partly because the boys' various illnesses have me weary, partly because we're so pressed for time so often, and partly because what the kids want is pretty limited. So I have been reading magazines for recipe ideas. Today I was reading Cookie magazine, which is worth a rant all by itself--among other things, it advocates that serious people, people with jobs and kids and responsibilities, people who are pushing 40, ought to wear pink jeans. Honestly.

But it did have some interesting ideas for dinners to make with artichokes. I think I need to get out some cookbooks, read through my old back issues of Martha Stewart. I need some new ideas for tasty, fast dinners. Anyone? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment