Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: June 30, 2009

French dip sandwiches, roasted zucchini and artichoke hearts.

I needed a quick dinner for tonight so I took a tip from a commenter and made pretty snazzy sandwiches out of a Hormel roast beef au jus. Thanks, Anonymous!

After dinner, I took Josh and Alex to the pool while E and Chuck stayed behind to play trains. So I got to sit at the pool with my Entertainment Weekly (how else am I supposed to stay abreast of Lauren Conrad's latest projects?) and relax for a half hour, except for periodic motherly shouts of "No running!" It was lovely.

Except that my brain, which will not let me enjoy anything, flashed on the point that I was sitting by the pool, fully clothed, unneeded. And how soon that will always be the case, even when Eli comes with us: Maybe next summer, certainly the summer after that, and every summer thereafter. A time is coming soon when I'll have a lot of time to read up on the celebrity style report card. Don't know whether to be excited or freaked out about that.

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me, but I need you and I will always need you.

    And maybe, when your kids get a little older you will notice again that Chuck needs you.

    ReplyDelete