Friday, July 24, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: July 24, 2009

Chicken paillard, mashed potatoes, baked tomatoes with hazelnut breadcrumbs.

A lovely Shabbat dinner tonight with my parents visiting. We have a ton of ripe tomatoes right now,
and I needed only the faintest push (supplied by the August issue of Gourmet) to make them into this:


See that topping? That's sourdough breadcrumbs and hazelnuts, browned in butter and sitting on top of all those ripe tomatoes. And those tomatoes? When you bake them in the oven for about twenty minutes or so, they melt. And the breadcrumbs soak up all that tomato juice. And what you are left with? Is mighty hard to quit eating.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, but how did you get ripe toms? We live like 7 minutes from you and my next door neighbor and I only have hard, green balls that refuse to turn red! But if they do turn, they are headed for the covering described here!

    ReplyDelete