Sunday, November 29, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: November 29, 2009

Individual beef Wellington miniatures.

One thing I didn't mention about Thanksgiving was that my mom brought a full tenderloin of beef with mushroom duxelles and wine gravy. It was delicious, of course. I think variety is fabulous, and I am happy for all contributions to the meal.

Still, part of me wonders: Did she bring it just in case the turkey didn't work out? I'll never know.

Regardless, this recipe is an excellent way to use leftover steak, especially tenderloin that has already been sliced. I used Pepperidge Farm puff pastry dough and baked the wrapped steaks for twenty minutes. In reheating the gravy I added too much Beaujolais, which turned it a slightly ridiculous shade of purple, but it still tasted good.

No comments:

Post a Comment