Thursday, November 5, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: November 5, 2009

Eggs in a nest.

This dinner was not the chicken fajitas with fresh guacamole I had planned. I have been trying for three nights, now, to make chicken fajitas. But on Tuesday night, my parents visited, and everyone wanted pizza. Last night, I realized on my drive home that I had forgotten to take any chicken out of the freezer, and by the time I got home it was really too late to start anyway.

Tonight, I really hoped things might come together. The chicken was defrosted, at least. But I was busy at work so I left a little late, and Alex and Chuck needed to get to an evening Scout meeting . . . and before you know it, we're having fried eggs for dinner.

I think it is a sad state of affairs when I can't get myself organized enough to make a stupid thirty-minute meal. Must resolve to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment