Saturday, December 19, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: December 19, 2009

Savory bread pudding with mushrooms and parmesan cheese.



So, I worked to get inspired today! I read a couple of days ago about a savory bread pudding with arugula and bacon--and then I utterly forgot where I saw the recipe. No worries, as it gave me an excuse to get out cookbooks and to peruse my favorite cooking sites. It turns out, there are hundreds of recipes available for this kind of thing. I found mine here.

It was absolutely delicious, and a definite step up from our go-to eggs in a nest. I was a little worried that the boys wouldn't eat it, which turned out to be ridiculous. Josh asked what was in it, and I started telling him, and he said, "Oh, so it's like quiche. I love quiche." That's my boy. And Alex, who threatened not to like it because he dislikes mushrooms, ate it up without complaining.

Eli, of course, ate half a dried apricot, then ran upstairs to his room and brought down books for us to read to him. About half the time, that kid subsists on air. That's okay: more bread pudding for the rest of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment