Monday, January 4, 2010

What I Made for Dinner: January 4, 2009

Peppers and eggs, slow-rising bread.

Today was lousy.  I sort of expected it because it was the first day back to the routine after a nice long break.  But a couple of unusual bad things popped up alongside the expected malaise, and between them and the third potty-training-mishap-requiring-carpet-cleaner and the four-degree weather, by late afternoon I had a serious attitude problem.  So much so I sincerely feared this dinner would not turn out at all.  Bad vibes can make bread refuse to rise, can make eggs curdle, can make food burn on the stove.

It all turned out pretty well, despite my involvement (in fact, the bread was great! but I forgot to take a picture).  So dinner was the bright spot, day was not a total loss, off to do more laundry now.

1 comment:

  1. Here's to hoping today is MUCH better, except for dinner. It can be just as good!

    ReplyDelete