Monday, February 8, 2010

What I Made for Dinner: February 7, 2010

Paella and open-faced Cuban sandwiches.

I really hate football. I've tried to like it, I swear. I have watched countless games at all levels, from pee-wee flag up. I have worked at understanding its fussy rules and involved procedures. I have tried not to mind when night games make the evening news run an hour late because it takes forty-five minutes to run out ten on the game clock. It's just not my thing.

This does not comport with my family generally. My parents are proud Penn Staters who have personally witnessed Joe Paterno's entire career as head coach there. My husband and his parents are all double Jayhawks who have suffered through countless lousy football seasons while they wait for basketball to start. So for all of them, football is a big deal, and this feeling I do not share.

But I like Superbowl Sunday. Of course I do--it's for eating! This year I experimented with the new paella pan I got from my in-laws and that new Spanish cookbook I've been raving about. It was great!


And the sandwiches were really, surprisingly tasty for a recipe I got out of Parade magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment