Sunday, August 29, 2010

What My Mom Made for Dinner: August 28, 2010

Spaghetti and meatballs.

Someone at our house had a big birthday.


Birthday boy picks the menu (which is why my mom, pictured above with Josh, made dinner--he loves his grandma).  I made the cake.  He picked one out of this month's Bon Appetit magazine, Christina Tosi's chocolate-malt cake.  The recipe is a little bit elaborate, requiring several steps, and I was intimidated at first.  But when I read the part about the chocolate-malt crumbs, I realized the recipe was suggesting making your own Whoppers.

Ha.

Instead, I used Whoppers someone else had already made--quite well, as it turns out--and crushed them in the food processor.  Everything else was easy.


Happy birthday, kiddo.  You're pretty impressive so far.  I hope the next ten years go as smoothly as the last ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment