Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What I Made for Dinner: September 7, 2010

Nothing.

My goddamned refrigerator broke today.  I don't want to talk about it.

Over the long weekend, I made a lot of great stuff, but none of it for dinner.  I made applesauce from the four hundred apples my mom and dad picked from their trees.  I made honey challah for Rosh Hashana dinner, which thankfully we're having at my sister's house.  I made a yeast-rising apple coffee cake with honey glaze, also for tomorrow night.

Luckily, the challah and the cake don't need refrigeration.  The applesauce is in the deep-freeze in the garage, which appears to be working although at this point I'm taking nothing for granted.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    Right back at ya! May it be a sweet year filled with working major appliances.

    ReplyDelete