Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: February 10, 2009

Arroz con pollo, green salad with asparagus and goat cheese.

The semester I lived in Spain, all I ever wanted to eat was arroz con pollo. Which was too bad for me, because no one ever made it. Instead, everyone served ham. With a side of ham. And ham sauce.

Toward the end of my time in Madrid, some friends and I discovered La Latina, a little hole-in-the-wall dive of a restaurant off the Plaza Mayor that had arroz con pollo on special on Sundays, so I was finally able to get my fix. I never got the restaurant's recipe, but it's pretty simple to figure out. I did, however, get a waiter to give me the recipe for La Latina's awesome (and extremely lowbrow) sangria. It involves muscatel and Sprite.

We didn't have sangria at my house tonight, although I am positive a little sangria would improve my parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment