Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: May 20, 2009

Beef and black bean soft tacos, corn, carrot sticks.

This dinner was a little bit school-lunchy. Chuck is out of town and often I find it hard to make anything much when he's not home for dinner. Why should that be? He's only one-fifth of the family. Maybe it's because he's taller than everyone else.

I'm on summer break from work now, so with Chuck traveling I can get a little starved for adult interaction. I tried to make the most of the evening: First the tacos, then a trip to the playground, then ice cream. I even brought the kids along!

The big thing is, and I know I've said this before, I just don't know how single parents manage all the time. There's a blog I like, http://www.mattlogelin.com/, which is a single dad chronicling how he manages with his baby daughter. I read it and just, you know, count my blessings and make tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment