Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What We Made for Dinner: March 6, 2009

Roast chicken and root vegetables, mixed green salad.

Parental units over for dinner, husband home after a long week away at work. My mom put up the chickens before I got home from work. It was so great to sit and have a glass of wine and a chat, backdoor open to let the warm weather in, aroma of roasting chicken filling the air.

The mixed green salad is one of my favorites and I make it a lot. Whatever lettuces I have in the house, tomatoes, canned artichoke hearts, canned hearts of palm, blanched asparagus spears. The vinaigrette has olive oil, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard, and goat cheese. The only problem is that it really does not keep; by the next day the lettuce is seriously disgusting.

This month's Gourmet (donated by my mom) says you can make three meals from two roast chickens. We're about to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment