Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What Chuck and I Made for Dinner: April 26, 2009

Grilled burgers and corn on the cob, cabbage salad.

Nothing unusual about this dinner except the race to grill it before the severe weather got to our neighborhood. (We made it.) We grill on a regular Weber, and coincidentally, I just saw on the TV where a guy put steaks directly onto the flaming coals of a Weber. Something to try next time.

The cabbage salad wasn't really cole slaw because it wasn't mayonnaise-based. Instead, I dressed it in a vinaigrette with olive oil and champagne vinegar (Target brand! Who knew?), and added sunflower nuts. My brother-in-law came up with the recipe a couple of summers ago.

A new thing I learned at dinner: Grilled corn on the cob becomes transcendent when a little charred and covered in Gates barbecue sauce. Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment