Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: April 1, 2009

Whole wheat pasta with chicken, peppers, and green beans.

I baked the chicken breast tenders and the veggies in a foil packet with soy sauce, sesame oil, and lime juice, then poured the whole mess over the pasta. It was pretty: red and yellow pepper slices, bright green beans, a few carrot shavings. The best part: The kids ate it! Even Eli ("good noodles, Mommy.")!

I feel happy beyond all proportion when they eat something like this. Yes, it's nice that it's healthy and there are lots of vegetables involved, but that's not really why. It's because it gives me hope that someday in my future, every dinner will be like this, when everyone in my family eats the same meal without whining at me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment