Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: February 4, 2009

Pasta with breadcrumbs, roast chicken, and broccoli; served with a mixed green salad.

I hesitated to chronicle this pasta dish because I am a little embarrassed to admit that I ate it. It is carbo-licious!

The breadcrumbs get toasted in olive oil and garlic. Then to make a sauce, you mix in lemon juice and some of the pasta cooking water. That's delicious on its own, but then I added the leftover roast chicken and some steamed broccoli, and sprinkled the whole thing with parmesan cheese.

Alex and Eli got the pasta plain and the chicken and broccoli on the side.

Maybe the broccoli cancels out the fried, I mean toasted, breadcrumbs. Maybe the virtue of using the leftover chicken somehow redeems the amount of fat (good fat! It was all good fat!) included in the dish. Or maybe I should try harder to get over my food issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment