Monday, June 15, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: June 15, 2009

Pasta with garlic and breadcrumbs, salt-and-pepper crusted shrimp, watermelon salad with gorgonzola.

A feast tonight! My cousin Ben is visiting! He's in town for the summer off from USC. (So big time.) He's staying with my sister but sometimes we get him for dinner. I figure I have to feed him well to keep him coming back.


The shrimp is an old Martha Stewart recipe that I've saved in my ridiculous, years-old, enormous recipe files that would be embarrassing if they weren't so useful. I love looking through them from time to time and reminding myself what I used to make. That's how I rediscovered this shrimp dish and decided to make it tonight. The watermelon salad is new to me; I would definitely make it again, and I'm writing down the recipe, otherwise I will never remember what I did.

Watermelon and gorgonzola salad
3-4 cups seedless watermelon, in 1-inch cubes or balls
1 cup shredded arugula
1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
1/2 cup minced green onions
1/2 t. salt
2 T. olive oil
2 T. champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
Pinch cayenne

Combine the watermelon, arugula, cheese, green onions and salt. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, and cayenne; dress the salad and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment