Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: March 10, 2009

Chicken and black bean tacos.

I served the tacos with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, red bell peppers, green onions, shredded carrots, guacamole, and shredded cheese. Mandarin orange sections on the side.

This was Meal No. 3 from the roast chicken on Friday night. I departed from Gourmet's suggestion of gyro sandwiches because I already had taco shells and the right kind of cheese. (Also because in a weak moment, I bought an institutional-size box of taco seasoning from Costco. We need to eat a lot of tacos to make that bargain pay off.)

So the answer is yes, it is possible to get at least three dinners for five people out of two chickens. In fact, we have enough leftovers, of both the chicken pie and the taco mixture, to make about four individual lunches. If I had been conservative, I definitely could have stretched the meat for one more dinner. (It would have been a stir-fry.) Inner frugal housewife is very pleased with herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment