Sunday, July 19, 2009

What I Brought to Share: July 18, 2009

Tomato and arugula salad with shaved romano.

My parents had a little dinner party for a friend who was visiting from England, and the tomatoes from my garden were my contribution. Dinner was fun, maybe a little bit crazy with all the children running amok. Hopefully our guest had a good time and was not too alarmed by the following:

At one point Alex came in from outside and asked my mom for a magnifying glass. She said sure--such a supportive grandma fostering Alex's love of the natural sciences--and started looking for one until my sister said, "Hey, Mom? Ask him why he wants it." He and my nephew were looking for fire-making materials and Alex figured he was more likely to score a magnifying glass than a Zippo. Lordy.

At any rate, my sister and I wound up building a pretty decent little campfire on the gravel driveway. I can't believe we've never done that before! I think driveway campfires are going to become a central part of future family parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment