Thursday, July 16, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: July 16, 2009

Chicken quesadillas, guacamole, roasted tomato salsa.

This is Round One of leftovers from our chicken on Monday. I like making quesadillas and haven't in a long time.

I made the salsa from scratch because Alex hurt his head. Around 3, we got a call from day camp reporting a tag collision. Chuck went to get Alex and found him in the nurse's office, covered in his own blood and with a flap of skin hanging on the side of his head, whereupon they departed for the pediatrician. I had to wait a long time for news; there's no cell phone use at the doctor's office, a policy apparently devised specifically for the torture of anxious relatives. I channeled my own anxiety into making salsa with some of the red and yellow tomatoes recently produced by our garden.

Alex came home just fine, three staples richer and starving. He said these were the best quesadillas ever. I really don't know if a kid with a stapled-shut hole in his head is qualified to make that call.

No comments:

Post a Comment