Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: September 16, 2009

Greek salad, marinated chicken tenders.

I got home from work this afternoon and snuck into the house. Our nanny, Deanna, was playing outside with Eli and Alex; Josh was playing video games in the basement; and I couldn't deal with anyone knowing I was home, at least for a few minutes. It gave me a chance to change my clothes and get this dinner going.

Then we ate very quickly so we could get Josh to soccer practice and spend the rest of our evening enjoying this!



Our new patio is finished! It is so beautiful, I may pitch a tent and live in the backyard for a while just so I can look at it more. (Yeah, not really, because oh my Lord, the mosquitoes.) Our friend's company built it, and did a fabulous, timely job.

Minor side bonus: we now have correctly-graded property! Appropriate, fancy drainage! And a retaining wall! So maybe our land won't slide down the hill every time it rains, leaving our foundation supported only by rebar and goodwill. Oh, the delightful details of home ownership.

1 comment: