Friday, October 30, 2009

What Chuck and I Made for Dinner: October 30, 2009

Brined short ribs and mashed sweet potatoes.

We used our Crock Pot to braise the short ribs while I went to work and Chuck took the boys to the children's farmstead. Chuck reported that Eli had fun, but intensely feared the goats in the pen next to where the guys had to wait for the wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch. So when I got home, I mentioned to Eli that I'd heard he didn't like the goats.

"No," he reported. "I liked the goats."
"You did?"
"Yes, they were cute! And they were very friendly to me! And also they are in their pen and they cannot get out."

It's so great to come home after a day of work or, you know, goat avoidance, and have the house all nice and warm and smelling of short ribs braising in wine. It is too bad that I can't take a decent picture of this meal, because it was beautiful and delicious. All my photos make it look like dog food.

Let's pretend the photo below is mine, and not a publicity photo by photographer Phil Harvey for Michael Chiarello's restaurant in Yountville, California.


No comments:

Post a Comment