Sunday, November 15, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: November 15, 2009

Steak salad.

At around 4:30 this afternoon, Chuck and I decided to go to Costco, braving the cold miserable rain. Late afternoon is a terrible time to go to Costco. I was hungry but waiting, figuring maybe there would be some snacks available at the store.

The samples were all gone.

It was so sad. And then I was tempted: Frozen, ready-to-microwave Angus burgers. The most gorgeous dried fruit array ever. An intriguing selection of soft ripened cheeses. And, of course, the pizza that they hit you with on the way out the door.

Did I succumb? I did not! Because I knew that waiting for me at home were beautiful strip steaks, grilled but uneaten on Wednesday. I sliced them thin and put them over a mixed salad of leaf lettuce, charred corn, shredded carrots, diced red onion and cucumber, and dijon vinaigrette. It was great. Maybe not as great as a microwaveable cheeseburger, but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment