Sunday, March 21, 2010

What I Made for Dinner: March 18, 2010

Baked tortillas and eggs in tomato sauce.

Oh thank goodness for Everyday Food Magazine. When I got home from grading papers and papers and papers, the last thing I wanted to do was make dinner. I wanted to take the kids to the playground to take advantage of the gorgeous Thursday weather. So I did, but then when we got home, there was scarcely any time to cook anything.

Everyday Food was there with this recipe. You make a quick sauce of tomatoes and onions, then layer it with strips of corn tortillas, top it with eggs and cheese, then bake it until the eggs set and the cheese melts. It came together very quickly, and I found it delicious.


I warned the kids that it was an experiment, and they'd never had anything like it before, so they'd just have to try it and see. They were surprisingly willing and in fact they devoured it. Lesson learned: When introducing a new recipe, wait to serve it to the children until 7:30 at night when they've been playing outside for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment