Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What I Made for Dinner: March 30, 2010

Matzo ball soup.

Day One, no leavened foods, check.

We had some leftover matzo balls --like buttah!--and chicken from my mom's soup last night, but we ran out of broth. No problem, because I had chicken carcasses! Tasty, tasty chicken carcasses left from the roast chickens I served last night. I boiled them with sad baby carrots from the bottom of the vegetable crisper and the wilted parsley from the seder plate and some pathetic old onion I found in the fridge, et voila, more broth!

It actually tasted really good. Even better, I consider this dinner basically free. Because I made it out of garbage.

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post that you have ever written. It starts out so normal and reasonable and then it ends with: Because I made it out of garbage.

    Thank G-d for you and your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is still the best thing I have ever read on the internet.

    ReplyDelete