Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What I Made for Dinner: May 5-9, 2010

A little of this, a little of that.

I don't even know, I'm so deep into the grading process and end-of-school-year activities for the kids. Every time I turn around, there's a Last Dinner for this and a Dinner Meeting for that and an anxiety attack for that other thing I forgot about. Before you know it, it has been a week and the kids have been eating frozen pizza and scrambled eggs and the grownups have been eating sauteed asparagus and popcorn and Eli has had more than one dinner of pretzels and carrots dipped in peanut butter.

There was something last weekend, I think . . . a night when Chuck grilled hamburgers. I made pasta salad with kalamata olives and the last of last summer's basil pesto. Sunday was Mother's Day. What did we do? We got a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and I made some really good wilted spinach with caramelized onion. It's all getting a little blurry.

Anyhow, tonight I am heating up leftovers, although not of anything that I personally cooked. There's a little bit of India Palace takeout that's looking pretty good. The leftover rotisserie chicken will go into pasta with sauteed broccoli and garlic and olive oil, which I will admire for its thrift but which the children probably won't eat.

Next week will be back to our regularly-scheduled programming, I am pretty sure. I surely hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment