Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What I Made for Dinner: June 23, 2010

Tilapia in foil packets, roasted new potatoes, fried banana peppers.

It's Farmers Market Wednesday!  Our local farmers market gets crowded to the point of impassibility on Saturdays, but Wednesday mornings are clear sailing and if you get there early enough, it's not even that hot.  Today's haul included green onions and teeny-tiny little red potatoes and long, slender, pale-green sweet banana peppers.  The boys secured fresh cinnamon rolls and honey sticks and a promise to return later with an insulated cooler so we can load up on butternut squash ravioli.


I suspect every Wednesday from now on will be Farmers Market Day.

Incidentally, I got recipe ideas for the fish and the peppers from the July Bon Appetit, which did not steer me even one bit wrong this time (and out of which I want to make every single recipe this summer). 

No comments:

Post a Comment