Thursday, July 15, 2010

What I Made for Dinner: July 14, 2010

Hummus and pita, cucumber salad with yogurt-dill dressing, cherries.

It's getting into too-hot-to-cook territory.  Par for the course here in high summer on the Great Plains, and I am actually so ready for it after all the rain and unnaturally cool weather! 

It was funny to hear my east coast friends and family fuss about their recent extremely hot weather.  They're not really used to it, and they were pretty miserable, and I certainly can understand that.  It's all about expectations, though.  Here, there's not much to do when it rains. If it's hot and dry, though, well--we have a sprinkler system, access to two pools and a water playground, and the possibility of visiting two (very expensive) water amusement parks should things get desperate.  We get out early in the morning to play outside and do the gardening. I am fully equipped for hot and dry.  And I'm also ready to make dinners that require little or no heat to prepare.  Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment