Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What I Made for Dinner: July 26, 2010

BLTs on sourdough.

I spent a fantastic weekend at the lake with girlfriends.  What could be better?  We talked and talked and talked and swam and read magazines and shopped a little.  My current life is a little girlfriend-deprived; all my free time is spent with boys doing boy things.  Last weekend, no one shot me with an imaginary gun or practiced armpit-farting.  Not one person peed on the wall.  The break was--I would say refreshing, but really life-giving would probably be more accurate.

Because we are sensible, budget-minded women, we rented a condo and cooked for ourselves (other than one very expensive, not-very-good fiasco).  What did we cook?  Well, I would show you but I failed to take even a single picture.  Mostly, though, our meals involved unbelievably delicious, perfectly ripe tomatoes from an Amish farmstand, and bacon.  Lots of bacon.  Mmmmm bacon.

When I got back, I had some of those tomatoes left over.  And how could I deprive my family?  A BLT is the best way to showcase fresh summer tomatoes.  I still have a few left and I will be using them this week because I refuse to throw such gorgeous things away.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for girlfriends and rejuvination time! And for summer toms! And for BLT's!

    ReplyDelete