Monday, October 18, 2010

What I Made for Dinner: October 18, 2010

Chicken salad.

So last week, when I turned officially too old to eat road food anymore, I didn't feel like celebrating.  (I really like road food, after all.)  But my family insisted and on Saturday, when we got back from Omaha, we went over to my sister's house for dinner.

My mom, in planning the menu, had asked what my favorite foods were.  If I could eat anything at all, what would it be, and they would try to make it happen.  So, you know, sort of like the last meal request for death row prisoners, which may or may not hold a metaphor for my fortieth birthday.

Anyhow, here is what I settled on, which also likely would be my last meal request if things ever went horribly wrong:  Martinis and cheese selection to start.  Main course of roast chicken and root vegetables.  Yellow cake with chocolate frosting for dessert.

Of course, my mom and my sister made it happen, and we got to bring home the leftovers.  How I love the leftovers from this meal.  (Obviously not a concern in the last-meal scenario.)  Out of the leftover chicken I got two lunches of chicken salad (the mayonnaise kind) and this dinner, which was a romaine lettuce salad with apples, artichoke hearts, sweet onion, and avocado, topped with chicken and cheddar cheese, dressed with dijon vinaigrette. 

No comments:

Post a Comment