Because I was out of town last weekend, Chuck had to do the grocery shopping, and thus the menu planning for the week. When I got home on Monday afternoon, I was so impressed! We were all stocked up with ingredients for interesting, healthy meals. Based on his meal planning and shopping, I made:
- Monday: Eggs in a nest and hash browns.
- Tuesday: Homemade pizzas, one with turkey pepperoni and one with caramelized sweet onions and goat cheese, served with mixed green salad and roast asparagus.
- Wednesday: Nothing. On Wednesday, I had to work late and Chuck had to get Josh from Hebrew school, which is across town and doesn't let out until 6:15. Chuck and Josh picked up sandwiches for everyone on the way home.
- Thursday: Hamburgers, homemade Yukon gold potato chips, salad of field greens and spinach with apples and goat cheese. For Veterans Day, we always celebrate with my in-laws, and my father-in-law gets to pick the meal.
- Friday: Stuffed artichokes and crab bisque. The crab bisque in The Martha Stewart Cookbook is unbelievably easy and delicious.