Sunday, November 14, 2010

What We Made for Dinner: November 8-12, 2010

Some good things.

Because I was out of town last weekend, Chuck had to do the grocery shopping, and thus the menu planning for the week.  When I got home on Monday afternoon, I was so impressed!  We were all stocked up with ingredients for interesting, healthy meals.  Based on his meal planning and shopping, I made:

  • Monday:  Eggs in a nest and hash browns.
  • Tuesday:  Homemade pizzas, one with turkey pepperoni and one with caramelized sweet onions and goat cheese, served with mixed green salad and roast asparagus.
  • Wednesday:  Nothing.  On Wednesday, I had to work late and Chuck had to get Josh from Hebrew school, which is across town and doesn't let out until 6:15.  Chuck and Josh picked up sandwiches for everyone on the way home. 
  • Thursday:  Hamburgers, homemade Yukon gold potato chips, salad of field greens and spinach with apples and goat cheese.  For Veterans Day, we always celebrate with my in-laws, and my father-in-law gets to pick the meal.
  • Friday:  Stuffed artichokes and crab bisque.  The crab bisque in The Martha Stewart Cookbook is unbelievably easy and delicious.
I clearly need to go away more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment