Thursday, March 17, 2011

What I Made for Dinner: March 17, 2011

Chicken with potatoes and peas.

It's a little bit Irish, just like our family.  (The recipe is in the March issue of Everyday Food.)



St. Patrick's Day always makes me think about our family's ethnicity.  We are crazy-mixed up.   On Chuck's side, we're Irish, English, and (allegedly) Native.  On mine, we're Italian, German, Russian, and Polish.  (There might be French in there, one of the great-great-grandmothers, but she was from Alsace way back when so I think it counts as German.)  For the boys, their smorgasbord-style ancestry means they can claim whatever they want.  St. Patrick's Day and Purim, all in one week.

Unrelated:  My spring break starts tomorrow, kicked off with a load of basketball and this nice dinner.  I will be spending the break grading papers.  How glamorous.  Will anyone be around this week and free for lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment