Thursday, July 28, 2011

What I Made for Dinner: July 28, 2011

Arugula salad with tomatoes and olive tapenade dressing.

It's not as much fun to cook when my junior gourmand is away. 

Josh has been sick at camp, which I know because the camp doctor keeps calling me.  So I know how many times he has thrown up.  Josh, I mean, not the doctor, although I suppose the doctor might be throwing up too because honestly?  I doubt he would tell me that.  The doctor says Josh is kind of sick but not really and there's no reason for us to come get him early.  So why call me, then?  Perhaps the doctor owns some investments in Pfizer Inc., maker of the fine product Xanax®.

(I am positive that's not the case.  I know the doctor, a delightful older gentleman from, judging by his accent, Kentucky, is just keeping me informed.  He does not mean to freak me out.  He is taking better care of Josh than Josh would get at home.  Puking at our house does not earn a child a trip to the doctor.  It earns the child a day in bed with some Sprite and no food for six hours.)
 
So anyway, I've been making these simple little dinners because no one here really wants to eat much.  BLTs, various salads, that kind of thing.  But I am planning a little feast for our camper's triumphant and puke-free return.

No comments:

Post a Comment