Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: February 26, 2009

Eggs in a nest, potato-and-carrot hash browns, fruit salad.

It's delicious, it's fast, it's cheap. It includes fruits and vegetables. So when I'm single-parenting it, as I am tonight, and I get home late and the wind is screeching outside like it's freaking Little House on the Prairie, breakfast-for-dinner is really the only answer.

After dinner I had to run to the market, which I hardly ever do by myself with all three boys. At one point, as I fished around for my money, Eli escaped and ran down the beverage aisle, with Alex and Josh chasing after him. Mother of the Year award right here for staying at the checkout to pay instead of running after them. We appeared to be an endless source of amusement for the fine people at Hy-Vee. I let E have two mechanical horse rides.

Now the kids are in bed and the dog (who is, after all, getting older) is doing his best to protect us by falling fast asleep in the front hall. I admire people who do the single parent thing every day. A couple days of it is too much for me. Back to having company tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment