Friday, June 19, 2009

What I Made for Dinner: June 19, 2009

Hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, side of grapes.

Of course, that is not what I ate.

Tonight Chuck and I went out to Blanc Burgers + Bottles, where we dined with our delightful friends Ally and Mark. We drank beers and sea breezes (and a gimlet, I think). We had gourmet burgers, of course. Mine were veal sliders served open-faced on polenta with fig jam. We also had skinny-cut truffle fries, sweet potato fries, and beer-battered crispy onion rings, all delivered in tiny little shopping carts perched on napkins to keep them from rolling off the tabletop.

We talked and talked--and after weeks of hanging out all day with my boys, it's impossible to overestimate the value of an evening of human conversation. Then afterward, because we weren't done talking but all our food was gone, we walked over to Murray's, a local place, for homemade ice cream. Best ever: cinnamon graham cracker ice cream topped with dark chocolate fudge. But Murray's appears not to have a website. Come on, Murray's, get with the program!

(After a major indulgence in rich food and drink, I find ice cream a satisfying digestif, don't you?)

Yeah, so right now I'm taking some Tums and tomorrow morning I'm going to the kickboxing class at the gym. Totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment