Actually, I've been making dinner. A couple of taco nights here and there; some breakfast-for-dinner; there was teriyaki salmon in there someplace. I'm not that excited about my dinners because other things have intervened. What's been on my mind:
- Alex had kind of a rough start to school. I think things are adjusted now, at least to where he's okay with them, but it took an enormous amount of drama and emotional energy to get there.
- I've started back to work after a long and relaxing summer break. Working all day is hard. Waah.
- The kiddos' fall schedules may kill me. I am trying hard not to freak out about the family being over-scheduled.
- The transition back to the school-work schedule, combined with the impending start of preschool, has Eli all discombobulated. The potty training suffers accordingly.
- I could use a better rice cooker.
So that's kind of cool.